5 Steps to Promote Nighttime Driving Safety
Over the past five years, headlight technology in automobiles has increased drastically as companies are continually trying to increase a driver’s safety at nighttime. Even with new headlights that are brighter or can turn to follow curves on roadways, there is still a significant risk of an accident between dusk and dawn. Nighttime driving not only decreases your visibility, but there is also an increased risk of encountering intoxicated or drowsy motorists.
You may not be able to control other driver’s actions, but you can take certain precautions so you can be prepared for anything. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury in an accident because of someone else’s actions, contact the Iowa car accident lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C., at 877-327-2600 to schedule a free consultation.
Driving Safely at Night
You can significantly decrease your risk of an accident when driving at night by taking a few proactive steps. Five ways you can drive safer at night are:
- Have a well-stocked roadside emergency kit in case you have car trouble at night
- Make sure your headlights are cleaned and working
- Clean your windshield thoroughly to reduce glare
- Slow down and leave plenty of room between your vehicle and that which you are following
- Be alert for behaviors that indicate another driver may be fatigued or intoxicated
As the victim of a nighttime car accident caused by another party, it is important to recognize that an insurance settlement is unlikely to meet all of your needs, and that a civil lawsuit may be necessary. To learn more, contact the Iowa injury attorneys of LaMarca Law Group, P.C., at 877-327-2600.