Iowa Medication Errors Attorneys
Doctors and other medical professionals are responsible for many things when it comes to the proper treatment of a patient. They must make a correct diagnosis of the ailment afflicting a patient and then follow the appropriate treatment plan needed for that disease or disorder. Unfortunately, medical professionals sometimes make mistakes. The result of their negligence may include medication errors that can lead to injury or death in innocent patients.
When doctors make mistakes while prescribing or administering drugs, their patients are the ones who must suffer the consequences. The Iowa medication errors lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. want to take a stand against negligent doctors who cause injuries. If you or someone you love has been the victim of medication errors caused by a negligent medical professional, call us today at 877-327-2600.
Common Medication Errors
There are a number of devastating effects caused medication errors. Some of the more common errors that doctors can make include:
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Writing down the wrong dosage
- Failure to ask a patient about his or her medical history
Mistakes like these can lead to painful results for patients, such as:
- Progression of the underlying condition due to under-dosing or incorrect treatment
- Overdose, which can lead to painful side effects, organ failure, and even death
- Harmful interactions between prescription drugs and other medications
- Allergic reactions to prescribed medications
No one should have to face complications like these due to a doctor’s errors. Our Iowa medication error attorneys work hard to win justice for victims of medical malpractice.
If you are interested in filing a medication error lawsuit, contact the Iowa medication errors lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. by calling 877-327-2600 today.