On January 2, Walmart issued a recall for collapsible card table and chair sets. The recall was prompted by several injury reports.
The recall affects 73,000 “Mainstays” collapsible table and chair sets that were sold in the U.S. from May 2013 until November 2013. At least 10 sudden collapse reports were sent to Walmart. Injuries ranged from back aches to finger amputations. Consumers who have bought the Mainstays table set are advised to return the product immediately for a refund.
People who are injured by defective products can suffer from serious injuries. If negligent manufacturers are responsible for any physical, emotional, or mental injuries that you sustain contact the Iowa attorneys of LaMarca Law Group, P.C.. Give us a call today at 877-327-2600 to discuss your legal options with a knowledgeable attorney.
Thousands of pounds of products were recalled by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Listeria monocytogenes bacteria could cause Listeriosis, a serious infection, to people who ingest it.
The recalled products include chicken salad, bacon potato salad, barbecue beans with beef, and ham salad. The possible contamination was discovered during a Food and Drug Administration regulated test performed by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
The USDA reported that the affected products were distributed in 27 states and Canada. No related illnesses have been reported yet.
Though no one was harmed by these food products, many consumers suffer annually from harmful products. If you have sustained injuries from a defective product near Des Moines, contact the attorneys of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. at 877-327-2600 to inquire about your legal options.
A kind of injectable antibiotic is being recalled by a U.S. subsidiary of a German pharmaceutical company due to potential contamination that can cause serious health risks, a report from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) stated on October 15.
The recall affects the Cefepime for Injection USP and Dextrose Injection USP antibiotic, which may have been contaminated with hair, small metal bits, and cotton fibers. The intravenous drug was recalled after contaminants were discovered in a sample vial. According to the FDA, the contaminated antibiotic made by B. Braun Melsungen, which is widely used in US hospitals, can cause serious health problems for patients, like blood clots, strokes, and heart attacks.
Patients are advised to immediately consult a doctor if they experience problems as a result of using the recalled antibiotic and report the incident to B. Braun.
When a person is harmed by a dangerous drug, he or she might suffer from multiple side effects, ranging from physical harm to financial burdens. If you are going through such a situation in Iowa, the legal team at LaMarca Law Group, P.C., may be able to help you seek compensation from the negligent manufacturer. Discuss your situation more in depth by calling 877-327-2600 today.
Nearly 15 million defective electrical surge protectors have been recalled by French firm Schneider Electrical IT Corp due to an overheating risk that may cause fires, a report by the Consumer Product Safety Commission stated on Thursday, October 3.
The recall affects the APC’s series 7 and 8 of SurgeArrest surge protectors sold in the U.S. for between $13 and $50. The recalled electrical devices manufactured in China and in Philippines were linked to over 700 complaints in which at least $1.7 million of home and hospital property damages occurred and 13 people sustained burn and smoke inhalation injuries.
Consumers were advised to refrain from using the defective electrical devices and immediately return it to the store for a product replacement.
If you or your family has suffered from serious injuries due to this dangerous product or others in Iowa, our attorneys at LaMarca Law Group, P.C., can help. Call us today at 877-327-2600 to discuss your situation and find out what your legal options are.
Thousands of sunscreen lotions for babies and kids have been voluntarily recalled by the manufacturer after the products were found to be possibly tainted with harmful microbial contaminants, a report from NBC News stated on Wednesday, September 25.
The products involved in the recall are 30,000 tubes of 4 oz. SPF 30 baby and kids’ sunscreen lotion made by W.S. Badger Co. Inc., which specializes in making natural and organic body care products. The sunscreen lotions under recall are possibly contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida parapsilosis, and Acremonium fungi, which can be hazardous to its intended users and even to animals.
No incidents of illnesses were reported before the recall. Anyone with the product was advised not to use the product and return it to for a refund.
Although there were no reported illnesses linked to the contaminated sunscreen lotions, many children suffer from illnesses and other injuries as a result of defective products. If your child in Iowa has been harmed by such a product, call our lawyers from LaMarca Law Group, P.C., at 877-327-2600 to find out how you can hold the manufacturer liable.
According to a USA Today report on September 12, more than 2 million defective electric dehumidifiers that may overheat and cause fires are being recalled.
According to the recall, the dehumidifiers, which were made by Gree Electric Appliances, have caused 46 fires and more than $2 million worth of property damage. The recalled appliances, with sizes ranging from 20-70 pints, were sold at major stores in the U.S. and Canada.
In a press release the manufacturer advised consumers to immediately stop using the defective dehumidifier and call 866-853-2802 for a refund.
Sadly, defective products such as these can easily cause unsuspecting people serious harm. At LaMarca Law Group, P.C., our lawyers work to help people in Iowa who have sustained such injuries pursue legal action against the manufacturer responsible for the defect. Call 877-327-2600 today to discuss your options.
Two models of Jaguar cars will be recalled by the automaker giant due to a stalling issue and a defective power window switch that may injure its occupants, an August 15 report said.
940 2013 XF 2-liter GTDi cars were recalled due to the potential of stalling caused by a hose clamp on the charge air cooler that can become detached. 1,989 XK 2013 convertibles are also affected by the recall. These vehicles have a defective switch that may accidentally activate the power window and injure the arm or finger of any occupants. A slow-speed accident related to the hose clamp issue has been reported, Jaguar stated.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said the issues will be addressed by dealers, who will either replace or inspect the concerned parts for free starting September 27.
The legal team at LaMarca Law Group, P.C., helps those in Iowa who have been injured by auto defects. If you have been harmed in such a situation, call us at 877-327-2600 to learn more about filing a legal claim.
« Previous 1 2 3