High school coach recovering after Iowa City electrical accident

An Iowa City high school track coach is recovering from his injuries after he was electrocuted while preparing for a track meet, an article by kcrg.com reported on April 8.

According to reports the Williamsburg High School girl’s track coach is currently being treated for the multiple burn injuries he sustained after he was accidentally electrocuted on April 5. The coach reportedly went unconscious after being electrocuted while moving a field goal post. According to doctors the coach’s feet were severely burned. A school official said that the coach might have come in contact with a live wire.

The Iowa legal team at the LaMarca Law Group, P.C., understands that people often suffer financial losses after sustaining injuries on hazardous premises. If you or someone you love has recently been in a similar situation, you may be eligible to hold the negligent party accountable for your associated financial burdens. Learn more about your legal options today by calling us at 877-327-2600.         



Infant killed in Iowa house fire

A 6-month-old girl was killed and three people seriously injured in a residential fire in Council Bluffs, the Des Moines Register reported on May 11.

Reports coming from the authorities said the fire started at around 8:00 p.m. on the evening of May 10. The baby who died in the house fire was identified as Mayci Colburn-Lerette. The three relatives of Mayci identified as Jeremiah, 30, Terese Lerette, 70, and Gerard Lerette, 2, were brought to a hospital in Omaha after suffering serious injuries from inhaling too much smoke. Initial findings of investigators stated that the fire broke out in the ground floor of the house. Investigation of the incident continues in order to discover the source of the deadly fire.

The lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. send their deepest condolences to the family and friends who have suffered this great loss in the recent house fire.



University of Iowa patient injured on construction incident

A construction project that was taking place at the University of Iowa hospital was put on hold after a patient was harmed by a panel that fell through a window on Thursday afternoon, March 7.

According to University spokesperson Tom Moore, the patient sustained minor injuries after a pre-cast concrete panel lifted by a crane fell through the window. The broken window glass hit the patient, according to the report. The patient was treated soon after the incident took place. Moore said all activities, including patient care and treatment, were moved from the side of the building where the incident happened and construction will not start again until investigation results are known.

The construction near Kinnick Stadium was being done to complete an addition to the Ambulatory Surgery Center at the Pomerantz Family Pavilion.

When construction work is being done, it is the responsibility of those in charge of the project and the property owner to ensure that all precautions are taking and safety measures in place so innocent people are not harmed. Unfortunately, this does not always happen, resulting in serious harm to unsuspecting persons. Call 877-327-2600 to speak with a lawyer from LaMarca Law Group, P.C., if you have been injured by a negligent construction company or property owner.



The Search Engine Guys