Symptoms of Whiplash Injuries
Whiplash occurs during an accident in which the neck experiences a strain or sprain. This injury is commonly experienced after a car accident, in which the victim is pushed forward and pulled backward in quick succession and the neck is jerked beyond the normal range of motion.
Whiplash can injure ligaments, muscles, discs, roots of nerves, and the joints located between the vertebrae. However many people do not realize that they have suffered from whiplash until long after the accident has occurred. If you have been injured in a car accident, you may not recognize the symptoms of whiplash until up to 24 hours after the incident. Even then, you may not know that the pain is from a whiplash injury.
Symptoms of whiplash injuries include:
- Pain, stiffness, tenderness, swelling, or spasms in the neck
- Pain in the shoulders, shoulder blades, or lower back
- Shooting pain that travels from the neck into the shoulder or arm
- Difficulty moving the head
- Tingling, numbness, weakness, or loss of function in the arms or legs
- Headache, dizziness, or blurred vision
- Difficulty staying concentrated or remembering events
- Fatigue or sleep problems
- Ringing in the ears
If you have been involved in an accident and are experiencing some of these symptoms, you should immediately seek medical advice or assistance to prevent further strain or injury.
Contact an Iowa Whiplash Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered from a whiplash injury as the result of a car wreck or another accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation from the party responsible for the accident in order to help cover the costs of your injury. The Iowa personal injury lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. can evaluate your case and determine if you have the grounds to pursue legal action. Contact our offices today at 877-327-2600